Cashew Butter Brownie
I love treats but I don’t always love how they make me feel, so I make alternatives that won’t result in sugar overload but still leaves me completely satisfied. This Cashew Brownie is so rich and decadent, you’d never know if doesn’t have refine sugar.
1 Tbsp Chia Seeds
3 Tbsp Water
(or 1 egg instead of seeds and water)
1 cup creamy cashew butter
5 Tbsp Cacao powder
5 Tbsp Coconut sugar
2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp sea salt
3/4 cup Enjoy Life Chocolate chips
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
– Line 9 inch square baking dish with parchment paper
– Grind chia seeds in a coffee grinder and place in bowl with 3 Tbsp water, let stand for 5 min then add remaining ingredients (cashew butter, cacao powder, coconut sugar, maple syrup, vanilla extract, baking soda, & sea salt).
– Fold in Chocolate Chips
– It will be a thick paste, place it in the lined baking dish and spread with clean fingers
– Bake for 20 minutes
– Let cool, then pull brownie out of baking dish with parchment paper for easy cutting.